My photo
Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog, I am glad you are here. For the most part, I use this to comment (and sometimes ramble...) about the many things I love or perhaps am fascinated with this week. This can include quite an assortment of topics, including my propensity for reading novels at all hours of the day, writing, art, and travel, as I do have a serious case of Wanderlust.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ~St. Augustine

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Almost missed the party...

For a long, long time, a friend of mine has been trying to get my to watch Parks and Recreation. Being almost too much of a loyalist to The Office, Southland, and TLLS, I can sometimes be very selective about what shows I allow into my repertoire. I don't really watch TV a whole lot, so I don't really see the point in adding in time slots, because more than likely I will just forget to watch weekly, then I would be way behind and need to catch up, and when it all boils down, I have books to read. Bah. But that's neither here no there, and I digress.

Being that we had a nice little break in the middle of the week for the 4th *Happy Birthday America!*, I was able to catch a few episodes from last season onDemand last night. Holy. Smokes. I have been missing out Big. Time. This show is hilarious. It is somehow connected to The Office (writers, creators, producers, I am not 100% sure on this one...) so that should have been my first hint that I would like it, and it has a similar format with the 'confessionals', filming style, and so on. It is based in a small town in Indiana, and since I spent the formidable years of my childhood in a small Indiana town, this also makes it quite endearing. However, the true star that has unyieldingly made me a fan of the show, and connecting this post to 'Merica's b-day, is Ron Swanson. This man is just hysterical. He is a bacon loving, bureaucrat despising, government distrusting libertarian and I just love him. He loves America, too, which is clearly a plus. So, I have a lot of catching up to do, but I am sure that it will be well worth it.

I hope all of you had a great Independence Day, and remember that we're the Home of the Free because of the Brave.

No comments:

Post a Comment