My photo
Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog, I am glad you are here. For the most part, I use this to comment (and sometimes ramble...) about the many things I love or perhaps am fascinated with this week. This can include quite an assortment of topics, including my propensity for reading novels at all hours of the day, writing, art, and travel, as I do have a serious case of Wanderlust.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ~St. Augustine

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Andersonville, Jamie & Claire, and other updates!

Hello!

When I take these long unintentional breaks from blogging, I never know where to begin when I get back into it. Do I review the last time I posted and then go about it in a timeline fashion? I have thought of doing it this way, but tend to think with time, much of the energy that would normally come through in a post is lost, as the memory, thought, etc has been out of my mind for so long.

So, that being said, I will just comment on what's been going on in these past few days :)

First of all, I found out about this AMAZING store (or stores, as they have 3) that does custom framing and has so much 'stuff' for me to peruse and buy. And I say stuff in the most sincere of terms, because it is hard to describe all that they offer. Vintage flashcards, scrabble letters, cards, maps, pins and buttons, jewelery, letters, stamps, book ends, books, and the list goes on and on. Pretty much a dream come true for anyone inclined in a creative or vintage loving sort of way. Their 'grand poobah' store (as the nicest ever guy who worked there called it) is where we visited in Andersonville, and I can say now that I need about 3 to 4 more hours to properly go through everything there. I cannot wait to go back! Oh! and it's called FourSided (http://www.foursided.com/) so you can go visit and see all the amazing wares they have for any and all of your heart's desires!!


Also, for the past few days I have been listening to Dragonfly in Amber on my iPod at work, it is file time so I focus much better with something to listen to. Well, as it came to an end I had to turn it off, as my heart was breaking into pieces. That book (even though I have read on and know how things pan out after said happenings) just rips my heart & soul right out. My goodness. So to avoid crying and having to explain my unyielding love and emotional attachment to Jamie and Claire, I thought this would be best finished within the safe, tear friendly confines on my car on the way home.

I know I entitled this ".....and other updates", but I think this is it for now.

xxoo

2 comments:

  1. Kim that store sounds awesome! I am going to be moving to Andersonville in April so I will be sure to frequent it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horray! Andersonville looked like such a nice & cute area, I am excited for your move madam!!

    ReplyDelete