My photo
Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog, I am glad you are here. For the most part, I use this to comment (and sometimes ramble...) about the many things I love or perhaps am fascinated with this week. This can include quite an assortment of topics, including my propensity for reading novels at all hours of the day, writing, art, and travel, as I do have a serious case of Wanderlust.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ~St. Augustine

Monday, January 2, 2012

Starting off with a Bang Bang Bang!

Soooooo, perhaps this is just a little foreshadowing that I will need this buffer later, but I am doing excellent so far *knock knock* on one of the 2012 goals. 3 books complete, 97 to go. Not too shabby if you ask me.

Also, I am slowly coming to terms that my holiday vacation is coming to a close. At least tomorrow is my late day at work, right? Wahh wahh.

Finally, here is some advice for me fellow bibliophiles. I know we all have been up in the wee hours reading a book we just can't put down. One of the 3 so far has been that, and I finished last night at about 5:45am. Then the sleeplessness set in. Because I was so flippin unnerved by the book. It was so creepy and scary, yikes! So this is the advice I have decided I am going to try to follow from now on, no matter how good the book is and how much I want to resist putting it down. If, during the reading process of a book, there come parts that begin to prick up the little hairs on your neck, and maybe some parts or chapters are completed and your skin may be crawling, for the love of (insert appropriate higher being of your choice, I'll choose Odin for today) DO NOT continue reading it in the dead of night. All the noises will be magnified, and you will be certain that there is someone looking in your window at you, probably with an arsenal of other nefarious things. SHUDDERS. That is what happened. I was moving along through the book quickly because while it was scary it was also so good, but then things got very, very bad, and quite scary, but I just kept going. And then I was wide awake and it was windy outside and yes, there was a something crouching in the tree outside my window. I think had I waited and finished it in the nice cheery morning, while it would still have been creepy, I would not have suffered the sleepless consequences.

No comments:

Post a Comment