My photo
Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog, I am glad you are here. For the most part, I use this to comment (and sometimes ramble...) about the many things I love or perhaps am fascinated with this week. This can include quite an assortment of topics, including my propensity for reading novels at all hours of the day, writing, art, and travel, as I do have a serious case of Wanderlust.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ~St. Augustine

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

One Minute Writer -- Book

Today's Writing Prompt: Book
Write about a book you remember reading as a child.

This one is right up my alley :)

As unfortunate as it is, I cannot for the life of me remember the title of this book. Yes, I could have picked a book I remember the title of from when I was a kid, but this one was the first one that popped into my head, as it was so memorable. And to be honest, many times when I find myself perusing through a book shop, my mind wanders to it quite often as I try and remember what it was called so I may experience it once again. But maybe that would not be the best, right? I have my child-memory of my experience reading it, and perhaps there is a reason my subconscious is not letting me remember -- for if I were to read it again it would change the memory and experience, right? Possibly.

Anyway, the book was an adventure type where this group of young adults join this sort of club where they learn about ancient times, Ancient Egypt in particular. They find this old bust of Queen Nefertiti, and that inspires them even more. I think my love of antiquities and wanderlust for adventure started this early in life, as I was so jealous of them and their magnificent find, as well as the adventures they began as I was stuck in 3rd grade. :)

What book do you remember reading as a child?

No comments:

Post a Comment