My photo
Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog, I am glad you are here. For the most part, I use this to comment (and sometimes ramble...) about the many things I love or perhaps am fascinated with this week. This can include quite an assortment of topics, including my propensity for reading novels at all hours of the day, writing, art, and travel, as I do have a serious case of Wanderlust.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ~St. Augustine

Friday, January 13, 2012

Always have your glass half full.

While watching the news last night, seeing the anchors brave the cold and snow outside, I knew to get to bed early because the next morning drive was going to be a slow one, plus time tacked on to brush off my car, and also my sore muscles would appreciate the extra rest after shoveling the driveway and sidewalks.

All of this may have added up to a big snarly mean muggin' day, right?

What I did notice that made me happy were the tiny snowflakes whispering down on the person reporting the status of the expressways, the plowing status in the city, etc. They melted almost immediately on contact, but when they were against the dark knit of a winter hat or the waterproof slickness of the parkas, they sparkled in the bright light of the camera like a million tiny diamonds. It was beautiful.

And that, my friends, is one way to keep your glass always half full.

(remember, it could always be much, much worse)

No comments:

Post a Comment