My photo
Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog, I am glad you are here. For the most part, I use this to comment (and sometimes ramble...) about the many things I love or perhaps am fascinated with this week. This can include quite an assortment of topics, including my propensity for reading novels at all hours of the day, writing, art, and travel, as I do have a serious case of Wanderlust.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ~St. Augustine

Monday, November 7, 2011

It's a jungle out there.

First of all, that title makes me think of Adrian Monk... I digress.

The location of my office cube is near by HR, who have a station set up for new employees and student workers to watch the Safety at Work and Sexual Harassment videos. And because sound does travel, and the cube walls do not reach the ceiling, I have probably heard these a dozen times if I've heard them once.

Their theme is something involving an office being like a jungle, which is probably the most accurate thing I have ever heard. There is one amazing clip where there is a poorly placed extension cord that someone trips over, body flying and flailing through the air. This 'office jungle' reference is of course a gigantic, extension cord-shaped boa constrictor. Both of which are found in excess in both jungle and office enviroments.

Blargh. Happy Monday.
#NaNoWriMo word count -- 11,686. right on track. (I was worried because for the first 4 days or so I had a whopping 740 words done. I thought I was doomed, but I caught up this weekend. Let's hope I don't fall behind again!)

No comments:

Post a Comment