My photo
Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog, I am glad you are here. For the most part, I use this to comment (and sometimes ramble...) about the many things I love or perhaps am fascinated with this week. This can include quite an assortment of topics, including my propensity for reading novels at all hours of the day, writing, art, and travel, as I do have a serious case of Wanderlust.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ~St. Augustine

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Grind My Gears.

I don't like when people say "I like British Accents." They are not really saying what they mean.



Please, look at this Venn Diagram and tell me just what accent you like. I guess I will say if you generally like the accents of those who hail from Scotland, England, and Wales then you can say you like British accents because those countries are what make up Great Britain, or I guess you may go further and say you like the accents from all the above places as they are all the British Isles.... but I am guessing that is not what you mean.




I know this is kind of a rant, perhaps a bit frivolous, but it really bugs me for some reason. I hear celebs on talk shows (ahem.... celebs on Craig) say it all the time and it drives me nuts. Read a map, people.




///rant over :D




I like Scottish (obviously) and Northern Irish accents the best, methinks. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment