My photo
Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog, I am glad you are here. For the most part, I use this to comment (and sometimes ramble...) about the many things I love or perhaps am fascinated with this week. This can include quite an assortment of topics, including my propensity for reading novels at all hours of the day, writing, art, and travel, as I do have a serious case of Wanderlust.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ~St. Augustine

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Favorite Christmas Songs

So guys, the time of of the unyielding flow of Christmas songs is upon us. I like it in intervals, but when it is a constant drone of the stuff, it gets old very fast.

And before you go "Bah Humbug" me, I believe I have a point. Think about it. There are only so many Christmas songs/carols/holiday sea chanteys, right? And while this second pool gets bigger each year, there are only so many different artists who perform their version of the song. And clearly, the classics or more popular remakes/versions get the most play time, right? Doing the math, from the day after Thanksgiving (normally when the radio starts cranking it out) that is a full month of inevitable the same few songs over and over and over again. I don't care who you are, that is grounds for insanity.

However, I do have some favorites, but I do not want to hear even these more than maybe 12 times a year, thank you :)


Last Christmas, WHAM!
Happy Christmas (War is Over), John Lennon
Baby it's Cold Outside, various duos perform it to my liking :)
Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, same as above


There are perhaps more that I will add if the mood so strikes when I ultimately hear them, numerous times, in the coming weeks.

2 comments:

  1. I like your list of favorites very much!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Le Dubilicous :)
    I also like the fake Christmas song from Love, Actually. And when the old rock star gyrates whilst singing. "I feel it in my fingers...I feel it in my toes...."

    :D

    ReplyDelete