My photo
Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog, I am glad you are here. For the most part, I use this to comment (and sometimes ramble...) about the many things I love or perhaps am fascinated with this week. This can include quite an assortment of topics, including my propensity for reading novels at all hours of the day, writing, art, and travel, as I do have a serious case of Wanderlust.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ~St. Augustine

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Amazing Luck

Yesterday night I was tumblin' on Tumblr, looking up the tag Scotland (big surprise, I know). I went through several pages, and then my heart skipped a beat. A simple back and white picture made time stop for a second or two.

It was a picture of an old man in full Highland regalia on the Royal Mile in Edinburgh. He was looking off camera, his face showing many years of many memories.

The amazing thing for me is that I met this man when I was in Scotland this summer. I took a picture with him and he was raising money for Ovarian Cancer. He had the kindest, brightest blue eyes I have ever seen in my life. The moment I saw him near St. Giles Cathedral, I was drawn to him like a magnet. I will never forget his face, his touch, his smile.

However, I never thought I would see him again, and I did. Okay, I know it's not the same thing, but for this picture to capture this same man, with the thousands of people, let alone dozens of pipers, in that city on any given day, and then for me to find it in the hundreds of posts with said tag, it was just amazing. I was speechless for a few minutes, and then had to go share it with my mom, who was there with me. She loved it.

It's hard to convey these kind of memories or experiences. It was so deeply personal to me for a number of reasons, so I could not not share.


(I will post a link to the photographer's flickr soon)

////Here it is! Check it out, it's beautiful <3

No comments:

Post a Comment