My photo
Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog, I am glad you are here. For the most part, I use this to comment (and sometimes ramble...) about the many things I love or perhaps am fascinated with this week. This can include quite an assortment of topics, including my propensity for reading novels at all hours of the day, writing, art, and travel, as I do have a serious case of Wanderlust.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ~St. Augustine

Thursday, September 29, 2011

~Guilty Pleasure Thursday~

So, I have decided that I am going to start at least one new 'weekly' topic for my blog. I so decree that the fifth (or fourth, if you start your weeks on Monday...) will not be known as Guilty Pleasure Thursday.


At first glance, it appears that this means I have enough G.P.'s to comment on weekly. And I probably do. But I sometimes get very excited about new things I discover from week to week, and I plan on including these sorts of things on my Thursday posts as well.

Okay, so it's not the perfect title, but I will work on making it more appropriate and encompassing of all the things I may discuss. Any ideas?

Okay, so my first Guilty Pleasure. And this one absolutely fits the bill for being such.
Scottish Highland Romance Novels

Many of you know that I am an insatiable reader (my Nook has only added to this, if I may digress...), but I don't usually share that I love this genre. I think I fear the harsh judgement of people who think these books are just trashy. Yes, I have read some general romance that is just that; no real storyline, just an excuse to write some steamy sex scenes (but, some novels people like that, so who am I to judge, I say!). However, I have been lucky in that the ones I have read recently have been excellent in all areas. And honestly, try reading a chapter featuring a strapping kilted man and not be charmed. I double dare you ;)

Perhaps it's obvious if you also know how much I love Scotland, particularly the beautiful Highlands, so maybe now all the pieces are making sense now? For a future follow up post to this, I will share with you some of the recently devoured novels, as well as some of my favorites.


Tell me, what is your Guilty Pleasure this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment