My photo
Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog, I am glad you are here. For the most part, I use this to comment (and sometimes ramble...) about the many things I love or perhaps am fascinated with this week. This can include quite an assortment of topics, including my propensity for reading novels at all hours of the day, writing, art, and travel, as I do have a serious case of Wanderlust.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ~St. Augustine

Sunday, September 11, 2011

A broken heart can still love....

And that is precisely what it needs to do.

I wasn't sure if I was going to blog today or not. Ten years gone by or not, the emotions are still as raw as they were when it happened. I remember these details from the day that are unbelievable, some almost laughable because of the context. My 15 year old brain th

ought the big news that my teacher was about to tell us was about Michael Jordan, as he announced his 'un-retirement' the night before. Then to discover what had just happened a mere 700 miles or so away. It broke my heart and horrified me. What a monumental loss for so many people that day.

Today as I watched the memorial services, I cried. My heart broke again for all of the victims, the first responders, and the families and loved ones left behind. I noticed so much love as well. Wishes of love for those lost, for those still in the line of fire (no matter what capacity), and for one another. That reminds us that there is still so much g
ood in the world, and we should love and cherish this.

I send them all of my love and I wish for them peace.

They will never be forgotten.

<3





No comments:

Post a Comment