My photo
Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog, I am glad you are here. For the most part, I use this to comment (and sometimes ramble...) about the many things I love or perhaps am fascinated with this week. This can include quite an assortment of topics, including my propensity for reading novels at all hours of the day, writing, art, and travel, as I do have a serious case of Wanderlust.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ~St. Augustine

Thursday, May 12, 2011

I have no self-control when it comes to books....

I blogged this a while back on my tumblr, but thought the topic was relevant here as well :)

So - to make a long story short… It is no secret that I am probably more emotionally involved with the Outlander series than is appropriate. That being said, I am currently on The Fiery Cross, so I have quite a bit to go before book 8 comes out (word on the street is fall 2012?). Anyway, after misreading a tweet from DG and reading an snippet from the upcoming Lord John novel, I flipped out, thinking what I was reading was from the upcoming book 8,and, because of the situation presented, I thought it was what was going to happen, was relatively confused and sad. Anyway, after further investigation, I found out that all was well, and thought that was the end of it.

There _are_ book 8 excerpts on DG’s website. And because I lack any sort of self control when it comes to things like this, I had to go check it all out, knowing full well that because I have 2.75 more books to go before #8 is even relevant, and almost none of it makes sense. But it did shine some light on what is to come.

No spoilers or specifics about what was going on, and again it was just one part of the whole book that is to come, but it made me realize just how much I love these books, Jamie and Claire as characters, and how wonderful it is that authors/artists/etc. are able to create such amazing work and have it affect so many people (I go on a limb to say this last part, but after seeing various forums and fan/reader based pages, I know I am not the only one who loves J and C too :D).

I don’t have any idea at all about how the series will end (aside from me crying a thousand tears!), but all I really want is for them to be together. Ha-ha, that sounds a bit too simple, yes, I know. But seriously. If it ends any other way, especially with all the things they have already been though, I will resolve to just imagining that Outlander was a standalone novel in and of itself, and try to be happy :)

That being said, I have a lot of reading to do before next fall. I think I may want to read the Lord John ones as well. I wasn’t quite sold on them at first, but it seems like they fit in to the whole story as well in a way, so perhaps. Anyone who has read them and has an opinion either way?



No comments:

Post a Comment