My photo
Hello! Thanks for visiting my blog, I am glad you are here. For the most part, I use this to comment (and sometimes ramble...) about the many things I love or perhaps am fascinated with this week. This can include quite an assortment of topics, including my propensity for reading novels at all hours of the day, writing, art, and travel, as I do have a serious case of Wanderlust.

"The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." ~St. Augustine

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

hi there.

"Another blog, Kim, really?"

That looks about right, I say. Yes, I have had one or two (or five?) blogs in the past, all of which never really panned out. However, there was quite a bit more going on then, and I don't think I really had anything to say, aside from the day to day happenings of a 20-something undergrad.

So where am I know that warrants another crack at the wonderful world of blogging? Let's see...

I think first and foremost, I love writing. Always have. This past November I participated (and won!) my first ever NaNoWriMo. For those of you who don't know what that is, here. I have a novel in the works, as well as about five other 'ideas' floating about in my laptop and brain parts. I have a feeling I will be sharing some of my stories on here as another way to try out plot directions and just get the stuff down without feeling obligated to finish it right away.

I am a few weeks away from being done with my master's degree in clinical psych. I have moved almost every minute of it, and have now completed my field placement/internship experience (equating to much more time of my hands, sort of...) think that talking about my clinical impressions so far, commentary on interventions both new and common, and just the field in general.

I have always loved traveling and have been fortunate enough to take a few amazing trips here and there. I have always documented these travels in scrapbook form, but never in a formal written medium. I have a wonderful, travel filled summer coming up, so it is my intention to start said documentation. In addition, I will try and reminisce about travels past and talk about the great places I have been. Should be lovely.

So that's it. I am sure there will also be a book or film review thrown in every once in a while, two more of the thousands of things I am completely enamored with.

No comments:

Post a Comment